Master in Port & Shipping Management
Master in Port and Shipping Management Programme is a vibrant master's programme offered by Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Maritime University. The students who want to explore in the arena of shipping management, port economics, international trade & commerce, and economics of sea transport management, he can admit himself into this programme. The university admits into this programme once in a year and admission test is normally held in the month of July or August.
Duration and Credit of the Programme: The programme is designed with 18 months which is divided into 3 semesters. Total credit of the programme is 60 credits.
Admission Criteria: Every applicant must fulfil the admission requirements as prescribed by BSMRMU. The minimum requirements for admission into the programme are:
- A Bachelor degree or its equivalent in any field including Maritime, Science, Business, Engineering and Agriculture.
- Applicant with general education must have at least second division or CGPA 2.25 in all public examination.
- Applicants with GCE must have passed at least five subjects in O level (including mathematics) and at least two subjects in A level. However applicant having more than two ‘D’ grades in O level and/or more than one ‘D’ grades in A level shall not be eligible for admission.
- Applicants having at least two years job experience shall be given preference.
- Foreign applicants shall apply through their respective embassy.
Admission Procedure: To get admission at this programme, students have to pass written admission test and viva which is 80% and 20% respectively. Pass mark is 40%. The contents of written admission test are:
- English Language and Communication : 25 marks
- Aptitude : 25 marks
- Analytical Ability : 30 marks
Grading System: The university follows the unified UGC grading system.
Khandaker Rasel Hasan