Office of the Controller of Examinations
The Office of the Controller of Examinations shall be responsible for all matters connected to the conduct of examinations and perform such other duties as may be prescribed by the Statutes and the University Regulations.
At present the examination of following programs are controlled and conducted by this office:-
- Master in Port and Shipping Management
- LLM Maritime Law
- B.Sc (Hons) in Oceanography
- Bachelor of Maritime Science (Nautical), BMA.
- Bachelor of Maritime Science (Engineering), BMA.
Core activities of this office mentioned below in a nutshell:-
- Conducting all examinations
- Announcement of date, time and place of examinations and inform the students about examinations through proper channel.
- Students Registration, receiving application, allocating roll number, issuing admit cards for all exams conducted by this University.
- To form Examinations Committees conduct examinations and inform all the faculty members.
- Selection of invigilators and ensuring official duties in the examinations halls.
- Taking of necessary steps against all anti-disciplinary works related to examinations.
- Selection of question paper setters and moderators through discussion with the Vice-Chancellor.
- Ensure all question papers preparation, moderation and printing.
- Hand over questions papers, answer scripts and relevant documents to the examinations centers through the Head Examiner.
- Taking all administrative actions to conduct examinations smoothly.
- Preparing lists of subject wise examiners.
- Collecting answer papers and sending it to selected examiners.
- Collecting marks sheets from Head Examiner, appointment of tabulators and complete tabulation within stipulated time.
- Placement of results for approval of the Academic Council and of the Syndicate before publishing the same.
- Publication of results within stipulated time and correction of any error found in the results.
- Responsible for re-examine matter of answer scripts.
- Preparing of marks sheets, provisional certificate as desired.
- Prepare justification bills of remunerations/honorarium related to examinations.
- Coordination among faculties of this University and its affiliated academies and Institutions.
Information of Officers and Staffs
|Name||Designation / Appointment||Contact Details|
|Capt Abu Taher Golam Md Sarker, (TAS), psc, (Retd), BN||Controller of Examinations||
|I Lt Cdr Sushil Barua, BN (Retd)||Deputy Controller of Examinations||
|Md. Jahir Rayhan||Asst. Controller of Examinations||
|Ahammad Karim||Asst. Computer Programmer||