Master in Maritime Science (MMS) is a 24 months industry attractive post-graduate program under
the Department of Maritime Science. The program is designed with 15 theoretical courses and a
dissertation/Thesis. Besides,the student has to perform a field trip/study tour and student
concluding seminar in first two semesters. Total credit for the program is 60.
Every applicant must fulfil the admission requirements as prescribed by BSMRMU. The minimum
requirements for admission into the program are:
- A Bachelor degree or its equivalent in any discipline of Science including Bachelor in
- Applicant with general education must have at least second division/Class or CGPA 3.00 in
S.S.C and H.S.C/Equivalent and 2.25 in Bachelor/Equivalent in all public examination.
- Applicants with GCE must have passed at least five subjects in O level (including
mathematics) and at least two subjects in A level. However, applicant having more than
two ‘D’ grades in O level and/or more than one ‘D’ grades in A level
shall not be eligible for admission.
- Applicants having at least two years job experience shall be given preference.
- Foreign applicants shall apply through their respective embassy.
Md. Arif Mahmud